Vermont Trip

Vermont Trip VERMONT TRIP: On behalf of myself, and many other students, I would like to formally address the Drug and Alcohol problem that accompanied the 1999-2000 school year Vermont trip. Many times I have heard stories about the infamous Vermont Ski trip, and the many illegal things that have occurred consistently throughout the years. To the best of my knowledge this behavior was ignored, overlooked, and typical of this trip. So in believing that this kind of partying was habitual, I decided to participate along with several others who had attended past trips. At first I was hesitant in bringing anything, but after a couple of conversations with certain individuals, I was convinced that it would be all right to do so without any punishment being enforced.

Thus brought me to obtaining the single bottle I was bringing for a friend ,and I to consume with others, along with the other alcoholic beverages brought on the trip by my peers. This brings us to the time of departure for Vermont, on Thursday March 17, 2000. At approximately 11:50 PM I arrived to load the bus. At a little after 12:00 AM we left the Holley High School for Vermont, without A BAG CHECK by any of the seven chaperones. After a ten hour drive we arrived at our destination, Stowe Ski Resort. At around 4:30 PM we loaded the bus to go to the Courtyard By Marriot, the hotel in which we would be staying at for the remainder of the trip. Following our arrival we were given the room assignments, we then unpacked our bags quickly, and my roommates and I hid the alcohol that we each brought under our beds.

We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!

order now

After that a majority of us students went to the pool, and jacuzzi for a swim before our expected 7:00 PM dinner time. Dinner lasted for about a half an hour, to forty-five minutes, and soon after I then again went to the pool with a couple of people for another swim. Around 8:30 PM I returned upstairs to a friends room, where I then received a phone call from one of my roommates asking me if I planned on returning to our room to drink. I answered hesitantly, but after a little debating I decided to go back to my room. At that moment I only returned ,to change out of my swim clothes, before I headed back to the friends room. While I was in my room changing I was asked by two of my roommates to compare their drinks, and decipher which was better.

This then proves that the alcohol, both mine, and my roommates, had already been out and consumed long before I first returned. After that, I went to my friends room and we both then returned to my room at about 9:00pm. Upon arrival we had found six other people in my room already there for one purpose. I then proceeded to ask one of my roommates where the bottles were, he then replied in the liquor cabinet, sure enough there I found all the alcohol moved from under the beds where I last knew it to be, into the place where I was storing my clothes. At that moment I removed the bottle from the cabinet to pass around to my friends. First I had opened the bottle so that everyone could smell the Butter Scotch aroma.

After passing it around to all eight people including myself., we then all took one baby sip from the bottle. A few moments after that most of the people in my room decided to go take a swim. Then three female students left to go change into their swimming attire, leaving my friend, three of my roommates, and myself in the room. At this point the bottle had been sealed for a couple of minutes. I was then listening to one of my roommates tell a story, while the other two changed.

During this short period of time there was a knock on the door, and Mr. Orbaker who was the ski trip advisor, walked into the room to see me holding the bottle in my hands. After I got done listening to my roommates story I then noticed Mr. Orbaker standing in the hallway staring at me. He then motioned for me to walk over to him, as I did he signaled for the bottle, grabbed the liquor and proceeded to say way to be an *censored* and he then exited the room.

Five minutes following the above incident he returned to the room, then started yelling at us with profane words. Screaming at us he then mentioned how he, has my room with alcohol, one room smoking cigarettes, and another room lighting a bowl full of Marijuana. Furiously he next told everyone to get to their rooms and dispose of anything we didnt want him to see, because there might be a bag and room check. At this moment two of my roommates quickly emptied their alcohol into the sink and hid the empty bottles. Moments later he then went to every room and told them to rid of anything that was inappropriate on this trip, and how their might be checks through the night, and we had to sleep with our doors open.

At 10 PM all students on the trip turned in for the night. To the best of my memory he was only checking rooms to see if we were engaging in any type of partying. Approximately at 11:45pm he stopped all room checks in which there were never any complete searches of the room or bags. This completes our first night in Vermont. When my room woke up in the morning a parent chaperone came to our room to tell us to get rid of everything we had cause Mr. Orbaker was thinking about a bag check.

Which I might add once again, never occurred. We left the hotel at about 7:45 AM for Sugarbush Ski Resort. As I got on the bus the first thing he said to me was what are you doing here? I replied with what? he then proceeded to say I thought you came here to party. Following that I just sat down in my seat without saying a word to anyone. As we were on our way to Sugarbush he decided to talk to the group as a whole. Over the loud speaker he went on to tell us how he was very pissed off, and disappointed in us for doing what we did the night before.

Then he went on to say he knows it was more than just one of us and how we were all guilty, however there were a few innocent people and they know who they were. After the ten minute lecture he finished it up by stating that we would be stopping at the store on the way home. As he said that he made a crack how my room (room 201) would be better off if we picked up some Tylenol for our headaches, and how another room would benefit by buying Nicotine patches for their addiction. We next arrived at Sugarbush and he told us that he didnt care whether we had fun or not cause we already ruined his trip. Also that if there were any more problems we would be sent home early.

After skiing around 4pm we made our way back to the hotel, but first we made a stop at the grocery store so we all could pick up snack items. We arrived at the hotel around 5-5:30 PM, and then went on with our night like nothing had happened. At around 8:00 PM a student from another room took me up to the third floor and …


I'm Lydia!

Would you like to get a custom essay? How about receiving a customized one?

Check it out