.. Level Poltergeist is at its highest energy point and should be considered dangerous. Varies determining the poltergeist, could last days, months or years. After this poltergeist goes dormant and the cycle begins again. Dangerous activity, biting, slapping/punching, rape, fires and burning, blood on walls, attacked by unseen forces, hair pulled, flying knives or sharp objects, threatening writings or visual signs. Poltergeists can be linked to an object in your possession, if you think so, get rid of it.
Do not try to move or runaway v it will be a waste of time. If you think you are encountering poltergeist activity find a priest or a local paranormal research group (Poltergeists 4). To find a job dealing with parapsychology would be very difficult. One source said that at the present time there are no accredited programs in psi anywhere in the United States. This does not mean that classes are not offered, but a person can not get an accredited degree in this topic.
If your primary interest is psi then things can get tough. You will have to forget most mainstream academic institutions. In terms of realistic career advice, note that psi is considered ?marginal¦ at best by mainstream psychology. The situation in some countries is different, especially England. There are actually only a few dozen parapsychologists in the world working with parapsychology, and even fewer getting paid a reasonable salary to do so.
Many students get a degree in something else and still study psi (usually discretely because it is so thought down upon) (CRL Parapsychology FAQ2 6). There are some exceptions, and requirements as to what a person can do and still deal with parapsychology. – Psychological and sociological studies about belief in psychic phenomena are acceptable topics. – As are anthropological studies of psychic practices and rituals as expressed in societies. – Pursuing psi as a career also requires strong entrepreneurial skills, enormous persistence and creativity, resourcefulness, solid training in one or more of the mainstream sciences or in a scholarly discipline, and the ability to acknowledge but not acquiesce to the fads of conventional wisdom. – If you expect fast solutions to easy problems, or absolute answers to clear questions, then psi is not for you.
– If you enjoy exploring the full range of human potential and challenging status quo, then there is no better discipline than psi (CRL Parapsychology FAQ2 5). Another source claimed that there are colleges where parapsychology is being studied. The first is Parapsychological Association (PA). It is an international professional society founded in 1957. And then there is the American Association for the advancement in science founded in 1969 (CRL Parapsychology FAQ 7).
There actually is a decent job for psychics out there, besides television commercials and so on. Psychic spies have a home at the CIA. The project was first called ?Project Grill Flame.¦ Then it changed its name to ?Center Lane and Sunstreak.¦ The unit was launched in the early 1970-s. The group of people was first called ?Project Scanate¦ which stood for ?Scan by coordinate.¦ Program managers recruited subjects who demonstrated psychic abilities. The people were placed in darkened rooms and given latitude and longitude and asked what they ?saw¦.
The CIA found this useful, but never really relied on it (Psychic Spies Have a Home at the CIA 2). Some of the things the psychics saw were unbelievable. One remote-viewer described an airfield in a different country. The CIA was impressed but critical. It turned out to be the Soviet Union-s ultra-secret nuclear testing area at Semipalalinsh (Psychic Spies Have a Home at the CIA 3).
Another test involved a Soviet Tu-95 ?Backfire Bomber¦. The CIA knew it had crashed somewhere in Africa and wanted to find it first. So a psychic was told to locate the bomber and he did within several miles of the actual location (Psychic Spies Have a Home at the CIA 3). Remote viewers have been employed in most international crises over the last two decades. One remote viewer said, ?We were always able to survive, when we stuck to what we did best: just a guy sitting in a dark room, or even a lit room, focusing on what was happening elsewhere- There was no shaking, no big trance, no spirit entities speaking in different voices, nothing hoodoo voodoo. It seems to work enough times to make it valuable as a tip if you will, to where the CIA folks, or our satellites should be looking¦ (Psychic Spies Have a Home at the CIA 3).
There are many implications of parapsychology. – Physicists = tend to be interested in parapsychology because of the implication that we have a gross misunderstanding about space and time and the transmission of energy and information. – Psychologists = interested because of what psi implies about the nature of perception and memory. – Biologists = interested for what psi implies about the existence of additional, unexplained methods of sensing the world. – Philosophers = interested because psi phenomena specifically addresses many age-old philosophical problems including the rate of the mind and the physical world, and the nature of the objective verse the subject.
– Theologians and the general public = tend to be interested because personal psi experiences are often accompanied by feelings of profound ineffable meaning. As a result, psi is thought by some to have ?spiritual¦ implications (CRL Parapsychology FAQ 5). There are many reasons why people are interested in parapsychology. Most of them are because psi phenomena suggests: – that what science knows about the nature of the universe is incomplete. – that the presumed capabilities and limitations of human potential have been underestimated.
– that fundamental assumptions and philosophical beliefs about the separation of mind and body may be incorrect. – That religious assumptions about the divine nature of ?miracles¦ might have been mistaken (CRL Parapsychology FAQ 5). So then there is the famous question, Why aren`t psychics breaking the bank in Las Vegas casinos?¦ Casino environments are intentionally designed to be noisy and visually distracting. For a psychic to make any profits they have to: – understand the strategies of each game they play – consistently play according to those strategies – stop when they are ahead – consistently apply strong reliable psi (CRL Parapsychology FAQ2 7). For a psychic to concentrate they almost always need an environment with not too many things happening in the surroundings.
So this answers the question as to why psychics are not breaking the banks in Las Vegas casinos, but it does not exactly answer the question as to why they are not winning the lottery. But then, how would we know if all the people that have won in the past were not psychic? Many people assume that experimenters use the well-known ESP cards. This is a deck to 25 cards with 5 repetitions of 5 cards showing symbols of a square, circle, wavy line, cross or a star. These were used extensively in the 1930`s – 1960`s. They actually provided persuasive evidence for ESP, but today are rarely used by professionals (Parapsychology FAQ2 3).
There are some psi experiments going on today. One is PK on random number generators (RNG). This is when a subject attempts to mentally change the distribution of random numbers (CRL Parapsychology FAQ2 5). The next one is ESP in the ganzfeld. Ganzfeld means whale field.
It is done with a telepathic sender and receiver both are isolated and the receiver is put in the ganzfeld state while the sender is shown a picture. At the end of the sending period (20-40 minutes) the receiver is shown pictures and has to predict/guess, which is the correct one. Results show that the correct target is picked 34% of the time v which is good (CRL Parapsychology FAQ2 6). And the last one is remote viewing. This is when a third party selects a picture and someone is asked to draw it (CRL Parapsychology FAQ2 6). There are many criticisms of parapsychology.
1) Apparently successful experimental results are due to sloppy procedures, poorly trained researchers, methodological flaws, selective reporting and statistic problems Response: Successful results can not be explained away by these criticisms. – Research by Harvard University specialists in scientific methods showed that psi research today is conducted according to proper scientific standards. 2) Psi phenomena violate basic limiting principles of science, and are therefore impossible. Response: 20 years ago this was a common criticism to report of psi claims. – The scientific worldwide view is rapidly changing.
3) Psi does not have a repeatable experiment. Response: What people have in mind about repeatable are elementary physics classes demonstrating the acceleration of gravity, etc. (Telepathy 2). There are many reasons why parapsychology is so controversial. First: – much of the public often confuses psi with unscientific beliefs and stories about the paranormal.
– Has led many scientists to dismiss the topic as unworthy. – Therefore they do not take their time to study the existing evidence. – But understanding it is not easy. – Requires specialized knowledge to understand. – If people do not understand or believe statistics (which is a misunderstanding).
– They look for in-your-face evidence or the big stuff and will find almost no credible data. – The truth is that the scientific evidence for some forms of psi is extremely persuasive (CRL Parapsychology FAQ2 4). Second: even if someone did want to study the evidence it is hard to obtain (CRL Parapsychology FAQ2 4). Third: Some people are afraid that psi might be true, fear about psi arises for the following reasons, – It is associated with diabolic forces, magic and witchcraft. – It suggests the loss of normal ego boundaries. – People might be able to read your mind and know that you secretly (or unconsciously) harbor sexual and aggressive thoughts, or worse.
– If you talk about it, people might think you are crazy. – If you experience psi maybe you are crazy. – Before you were six, your parents provided negative reinforcement for your little demonstrations of telepathy. – Thinking of psi leads to medieval superstition mentality, which in turn support a rising of dangerous primitive thinking. – With ESP, you might learn things you do not want to know about yourself and others.
– Psi might interfere with the normal human process of ego separation and development. Therefore we have devised subtle strategies for cultural inhibition. – If you are telepathic, how will you distinguish other people`s thoughts from your own? Perhaps this will lead to mental illness. – Many people have a self-destructive streak to their personality. What damage would result if psi were used to service in this factor? – If psi exists how many other cherished beliefs will I have to give up? – If psi exists, does that mean that a psychic can watch me while using the bathroom facilities? – If psi exists, then perhaps I cannot wall off myself so easily from the pain and suffering in the world (CRL Parapsychology FAQ2 7). Parapsychology is not the search of just anything paranormal or witchcraft-like.
It is the study of certain unusual events associated with human experience. Much of it has been scientifically proven today and is believed by a great number of scientists. Parapsychology probably will someday get the recognition it is worth.